Re: [Scheme-reports] [scheme-reports-wg2] Re: Requesting early review of a character sequence library

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> From the discussions I had seen I thought the general direction
> for a new string API would be based on string-cursors, which have
> been implemented and used for some time in multiple Schemes.

I do provide the whole Chibi string-cursor API, I just provide a
higher level built on it that emulates strings, but with the
shareability/immutability advantages.

> For special optimization cases something like this library may be
> useful, but I'd like to see it implemented and used for a while before
> we decide whether it's good for general purpose code, and further
> whether to standardize it.

Agreed, but SRFIs are not standards.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@x