[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Scheme-reports] something's wrong with R7RS (small) erratum 5
- To: scheme-reports <scheme-reports@x>
- Subject: [Scheme-reports] something's wrong with R7RS (small) erratum 5
- From: William D Clinger <will@x>
- Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2015 18:58:27 -0500 (EST)
- Thread-index: H98ul4l8nmUSk0G3oThFuJpauIdPNA==
- Thread-topic: something's wrong with R7RS (small) erratum 5
http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/R7RSSmallErrata erratum 5 says:
5. In section 7.1.1 (Lexical structure), the escape sequence
\| is not shown as permitted in strings. The list in
Section 6.7 shows that it is equivalent to |. This makes
the same escape sequences valid in both strings and
The first sentence is clear enough, as is the second. We need
to add another production for <string element> with \| as its
right hand side.
The third sentence is then untrue. The (corrected) productions
for <string element> allow \" and \\, which are not allowed by
the productions for <symbol element>.
I suspect and hope the productions for <symbol element> need to
be corrected by adding productions for \" and \\. That would
make the third sentence of erratum 5 true.
Scheme-reports mailing list