Re: [Scheme-reports] [scheme-reports-wg1] distributed repository and call for names

Attached is an initial outline of the repository format I'm
planning, which is intended to address the major issues
and leave room for growth.  The idea is anyone can
provide their own repository, and implementations can
write their own tools (or modify existing ones) to download
packages from a repo.

Everything in the "repo.scm" example seems reasonable, but my overall impression is that it may be over complex for something that will need widespread adoption to be useful.  It's good that you start with an example that is minimal.

I assume that you're planning to convert some existing libraries and packages into this format. When you do, would you please send them along as examples?  That will make it much easier to understand the value of all the features of this format.

Thanks for working on this.