Re: [Scheme-reports] [scheme-reports-wg1] Digest for scheme-reports-wg1@x - 13 Messages in 5 Topics

One goal of my definition was to specify what eqv? had to do in
implementations that might have extensions to R7RS. That is why I said
"the implementation cannot tell them apart". I was also hoping to
write a definition that would apply to all objects, not just numbers,
because it would say what eqv? is meant to do.

However, I would not claim that my definition got that right. Maybe
Emmanuel's is better, if it's worded like this:

Two objects are eqv? if either they are the same location (i.e. they
are eq?), or they are different locations but a) contain the same
value and b) could never be mutated to contain different values.

What do you think?

Noah