[Scheme-reports] ADMIN: open posting on the WG2 mailing list begins

Throughout the life of the scheme-reports-wg2 mailing list, anyone has
been able to join, but only the nine original members have been able
to post.  The list of members isn't that meaningful any more, what with
WG2 having been in hiatus so long.

I have asked the Steering Committee to approve a new charter giving
the chair (that's me) the power to approve new members easily, without
having to ask the Committee about it.  If they approve this, I will be
adding people as members who have asked for it.  The draft charter is
at <http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/ProposedWG2Charter>.

WG2 has a lot of work to do, and I don't want it to take forever.
So while I can't let anyone vote who's not on the original list yet,
I can, and I am, allowing anyone to join and post.  Until I am sure you
are not a spammer, your messages will be moderated: typically I stop
moderating after the first post.

I expect that people will be joining the WG throughout its lifetime,
and that they will drop out when the parts that interest them have
been dealt with.  Flexibility about group membership makes that easy.
You can sign up at <http://groups.google.com/group/scheme-reports-wg2>.
Because all ballots will look only to the legal votes cast, it doesn't
hurt if members are inactive for long periods or even indefinitely,
so don't worry too much about signing up because you're busy -- we are
all busy.

Of course, posting is a privilege not a right, and I will revoke the
posting privilege of anyone who, in my judgment as chair, abuses it.
Anyone who feels aggrieved by this can of course appeal to the Steering
Committee.

Welcome to the work, and I hope to hear from many of you for the first
time.

--
By Elbereth and Luthien the Fair, you shall     cowan@x
have neither the Ring nor me!  --Frodo          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan