Re: [Scheme-reports] Identifiers imported "by reference or value"?

I see, I guess the only portable way of "exporting mutable state" from a
module so far is to define a getter/setter pair then.

In view of the possibility that libraries can be loaded more than once, one has to be careful, though. If the mutable state is hold inside a library, different parts of the program each of that references that library may see different states (that is different getters/setters).

One way to make this portable is to define mutable state (which includes parameter objects) only in the top-level program and handing them down into the libraries (e.g. by calling init procedures of the libraries).

Marc