[Scheme-reports] Orthogonality in the numeric tower

Around Sun, 25 May 2014 17:38:01 -0400, John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:

 > Writing a SRFI for Gaussian integers would be a Good Thing.

I haven't voted because I don't grasp the implementation issues involved, but wouldn't it in principle be a Good Thing if in the Scheme numeric tower the various aspects were orthogonal?
- Granularity (Integer/Rational/Real/..)
- Extent in its various forms (negatives, bignums, infinities, NaN, ..)
- Dimensionality (Simple/Complex/Quaternionic/..)
- Exactness