Re: [Scheme-reports] editorial awkwardness for syntax-rules pattern-matching

Per Bothner scripsit:

> Much clearer to write:
>
>    P is of the form (P_1 . . . P_k P_e ellipsis P_k+1 ... P_k+l)
>    where E is a proper list of n elements, the first
>    k of which match P_1 through P_k , respectively, whose
>    next n−k-l elements each match P_e, whose remaining
>    l elements match P_k+1 through P_k+l

I don't see where the aditional clarity comes in; also, having both 1 and l
in a formula is asking for trouble.

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@x
One time I called in to the central system and started working on a big