Re: [Scheme-reports] Replacing two identifiers with the same in an import declaration

Marc Nieper-Wißkirchen scripsit:

> "In a program or library declaration, it is an error to import
> the same identifier more than once with different bindings,
> or..."
>
> supposed to exclude the case (replace <import set> (foo bar) (foo baz))?

I think it does, though it was not intended to do so.  The original purpose
was of course to prevent you from trying to import the same identifier
from different libraries.

> And (replace <import set> (foo bar) (baz bar)) is supposed to introduce two
> identifiers with the same binding?

I see no reason why not, though no reason for a user to do that, either.

--
The man that wanders far                        cowan@x
from the walking tree                           http://www.ccil.org/~cowan