Re: [Scheme-reports] Formal Comment: clarify library loading rules

Richard Kelsey <kelsey@x> wrote:

> What I was trying to do was to make it possible to import the same
> binding, from the same instantiation, under multiple names.  A more
> direct way to do this would be to add
>
>  (alias <import set> (<identifier1> <identifier2>) ...)

The current way you would do this is something like the following:

(import (...) (rename (...) (<id> <id2>)))

In any Scheme that I know of, this will result in the same binding
with different names for any given "phase." You may get different
bindings at different levels, but you will get the same binding at the
same level.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | arcfide@x | http://www.sacrideo.us
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.