Re: [Scheme-reports] "include" filename resolution

On 8 August 2011 17:43, Denis Washington <denisw@x> wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering how implementations are thought to resolve file names in
module "include" forms: relative to the including source file or the
current working directory?

It could also be relative to an environment variable of some kind, a la C header file inclusion. That would then be unambiguous for programs fed in as text (with no reference "filename" context). For my own personal playing around version, that's what I've done.

I seem to remember a thread where this came up in June or July, but it was in the middle of another set of back and forths so I can't find it now. John (or Alex?) said it was intentionally left as vague as it is for now in order to let implementations crystallise around some alternatives before nailing things down a bit in later revisions.

Malcolm