[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Scheme-reports] Complex numbers with infinities and NaN
- To: Scheme Reports <scheme-reports@x>
- Subject: [Scheme-reports] Complex numbers with infinities and NaN
- From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@x>
- Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 20:54:59 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: Scheme Reports <scheme-reports@x>
Should (make-rectangular x y) be allowed if x and/or y are +inf, -inf
or NaN, in any combination and what about make-polar?
Gambit, for example, disallows these.
The draft doesn't mention anything about these "special values" in the
description of the other numerical procedures either.
"The process of preparing programs for a digital computer
is especially attractive, not only because it can be economically
and scientifically rewarding, but also because it can be an aesthetic
experience much like composing poetry or music."
-- Donald Knuth
Scheme-reports mailing list