Re: [Scheme-reports] R7RS draft 8 available

On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 3:35 PM, Mark H Weaver <mhw@x> wrote:

Most importantly, 'eqv?' is now completely unspecified for non-real
inexact numbers.  The R6RS used the operational equivalence language for
_all_ inexact numbers, but here you have restricted those clauses to the
inexact reals.

Sorry, the editors are very, very tired and missed this.
I will restore the definition to refer to all inexact numbers.

This wording also does not address the many known problems with the R6RS
definition, such as the NaN problem that you discovered

I misread the definition - I thought it had included my
NaN fix but it didn't, I'll restore that as well.