Re: [Scheme-reports] Is <bytevector> missed out from the list of pattern datum?

Hi Yuichi,

On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 2:20 PM, Yuichi Nishiwaki <yuichi.nishiwaki@x> wrote:
Hi.

Looking over the r7rs draft, I found <bytevector> is missed out from
<pattern datum> definition at 7.1.5. Transformers.

This is not an oversight.  <bytevector>, along with <string>, is
a <simple datum>, and <pattern datum> are only defined on
<compound datum>s.

It would be possible to make this extension, but no one suggested
it.  I do recall hearing the opposite argument, that normal vectors
be removed from macro patterns.  The problem there is that then
you can no longer implement quasiquote on vectors.  Since
quasiquote was not extended to work on bytevectors the same
argument doesn't apply here.