Re: [Scheme-reports] Checking implementation features and Scheme name?

On Mon, Jan 02, 2012 at 09:25:55AM -0600, Grant Rettke wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 3:52 AM, Jeronimo Pellegrini <j_p@x> wrote:
> > Also, I think that there is no R7RS-standard way to
> > obtain the name of the Scheme implementation if
> > I don't already know a list of all implementations
> > (suppose I have written  benchmark or test of some
> > kind; it wouldn't be able to write a log with the
> > implementation's name).
>
> Happy new year.
>
> The way that I read "Appendix B. Standard Feature Identifiers" says we
> can ask for the implementation name.

I may have misunderstood it then -- what would be the way to ask for
the implementation name?

It says that the features "are used by cond-expand", but
so I'd have to do something like

(cond-expand (chibi (blah blah blah)))

But that only works if I already know the implementation name
(chibi in this case).

J.