Re: [Scheme-reports] fresh empty strings

xacc.ide@x scripsit:

> What trouble? The underlying framework of my scheme does that for me :)

There is a cost to interning strings, though.  Most of the Java
implementations do it, but not SISC, which is not using java.lang.String.
Per contra, all implementations must be able to intern symbols, so
most of the machinery is already present to intern strings.  Of course,
interning requires distinguishing between mutable and immutable strings
at run time, which not all Schemes do.

--
John Cowan   cowan@x    http://ccil.org/~cowan
I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them