Re: [Scheme-reports] ratification vote for R7RS-small

Full Name: Jules Altfas

Location: USA

Affiliation: none

Statement of interest: Registered for 2009 election, though my interests haven't changed, if anything, my appreciation of Scheme's merits, and investment in its success has only increased.

Vote: Yes.

Rationale: I followed the development, and controversies, through 9 drafts as closely as I could. Like most others who've commented, there have been decisions I wouldn't have made, and others far better than I could have ever made, but on the whole, the draft is as good as any that could be constructed. I strongly suspect over time the "warts" will be rectified, and the enhanced potential to share code across implementations will be its saving grace.