Re: [Scheme-reports] Strong win later reversed: Real numbers have imaginary part #e0

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> I love this reasoning.  So every Scheme supports mixed exactness
> quaternions.  What a progressive language.

Well, maybe so if we had standard procedures jmag-part and kmag-part
for looking inside them.  But anyway, my reasoning was wrong: some
systems return 0 as the imag-part of an inexact real, whereas others
return 0.0.  I've collected the data and will be integrating it into
ComplexRepresentations.

--
John Cowan   cowan@x    http://ccil.org/~cowan
You cannot enter here.  Go back to the abyss prepared for you!  Go back!