Re: [Scheme-reports] Numerical example (real? -2.5+0.0i)

Aubrey Jaffer scripsit:

> The SCM implementation does not and will not support mixed exactness
> numbers:

That's reasonable: in fact, SCM doesn't support exact/exact complex
numbers either, which is perfectly fine.  It just means that no general
complex number can be real.

The rationale here is that a number with imaginary part 0.0 isn't
necessarily on the real line, since 0.0 just means a number x such that
0 < x < the smallest representable inexact number.

--
John Cowan  cowan@x  http://ccil.org/~cowan
If I have seen farther than others, it is because I was standing on