[Scheme-reports] [felix@x: Fw: ratification vote for R7RS-small]

----- Forwarded message from Felix <felix@x> -----

Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 20:51:15 +0200 (CEST)
From: Felix <felix@x>
To: cowan@x
Subject: Fw: ratification vote for R7RS-small

Hello!

Could you send this to the scheme-reports list?

cheers,
felix

Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 22:48:55 +0200 (CEST)
To: scheme-reports@x
Subject: ratification vote for R7RS-small
From: Felix <felix@x>

Full name: Felix Winkelmann

Location: Germany

Statement of interest: I'm a long time Scheme user who spent most of
the last 20 years trying to learn everything about all aspects of the
language and its implementation. There is currently no other
programming language that combines as much elegance and power and by
starting the implementation of the CHICKEN Scheme system I have tried
to make these qualities available in a practical tool that doesn't
suck too much to be used by both hobbyists and professional
programmers.

Vote: YES

Rationale: I think R7RS represents a decent enough improvement over
R5RS without completely breaking with the spirit of Scheme.  There are
numerous small issues that I could complain about, but these are minor
and not worth listing here. The editors put an awful lot of work into
the current draft, and deserve much respect for remaining disciplined
enough to avoid getting into the trap of "fixing" R5RS. By being near
enough to R5RS, it will be more attractive to implementors and thus
work towards what we all desperately need: a replacement for R6RS,
that Scheme standard from hell.

cheers,
felix

----- End forwarded message -----

--
John Cowan      <cowan@x>       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
                Charles li reis, nostre emperesdre magnes,