Re: [Scheme-reports] Symbol escapes - clarification

I agree entirely; the language of the text should make that intent clearer!

John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:

Alaric Snell-Pym scripsit:

> Relatedly, having just read string->symbol and symbol->string, is it
> clear whether the strings should contain the escaped version of the
> symbols, or directly be the sequence of characters that make up the
> symbol after escaping? I think it should be the latter. It talks of the
> string as the *name* of the symbol, but browsing around the text doesn't
> make it immediately apparent to me what the relationship between a
> symbol, its name, and its written representation are.

It should definitely be the unescaped form.  If you want the escaped form,
use `read` or `write` and a string-port.

--
John Cowan <cowan@x>             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
The peculiar excellence of comedy is its excellent fooling, and Aristophanes's