Re: [Scheme-reports] Exception handling

On Mon, 02 May 2011 08:32:39 -0400, Alaric Snell-Pym
<alaric@x> wrote:

> As an aside, I've often wondered if it might be
> desirable/possible/practical to offer an interface to introspect
> continuations by extracting the chain of closures they might be
> represented as / be isomorphic to, which is closely related to the
> notion of "call chain" in stack-defined execution models. Which would be
> far more generic than a Java-esque "backtraces exist inside exception
> objects" system...

I do not know about other Scheme implementations, but Chez Scheme provides
such an inspector in both interactive and programmatic forms. Interesting,
but definitely too scary to standardize.

	Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.