Re: [Scheme-reports] Bidirectional ports and port-open?

Per Bothner scripsit:

> An true bi-directional port is one where you can read a "record",
> modify it, and write it back.  If the port is seekable, the input
> and output positions are tied.

I don't see how these can both be true unless the port is indeed
seekable.  If I read, modify, and then write, the write goes after the
point read from unless I first seek back to before the read.

--
A few times, I did some exuberant stomping about,       John Cowan
like a hippo auditioning for Riverdance, though         cowan@x