Re: [Scheme-reports] Three really picky points

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> I think this reasoning is flawed.  If we believe the names
> [exact->inexact and inexact->exact] are bad, and that R6RS fixed the
> names, we should go with R6RS, not write an apology.

That would break backward compatibility with IEEE Scheme, a constraint
which did not apply to the R6RS work but is effectively imposed on WG1
by its charter.  I would be extremely reluctant to go there.

--
What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the       John Cowan
sound of a [Ww]all that people have stopped     cowan@x