Re: [Scheme-reports] [r6rs-discuss] Is R6RS in the public domain?

My two cents:

The spirit of the spec is of course to have some freedom. However, the
question of "commercial distributon" of the specs seems somehow
unanswered to me.

E.g. the Free Software Foundation et al. repeatedly specify that
'freedom to charge money' is a freedom which must be respected. The
horror scenario would be that some organization will not recognize the
spec as "free" if we don't specify this further. (Mind you that OpenBSD
forked the Apache webserver because of ambiguity in the version 2 of
Apache License.)

IMHO having some specific licence to point to in the future could really
help speed up discussions ;)
Also I don't think that Musical Notation was trolling.

IANAL, TINLA etc.

Regards.

On 07/22/2013 06:24 AM, Musical Notation wrote:
> On Jul 21, 2013, at 22:30, Michael Sperber <sperber@x> wrote:
>

>> As the project editor, note that I've been following this discussion
>> (as, I'm sure, have other editors), but have zero to add: As other
>> people have reiterated, the permission notice in the document is pretty
>> clear, AFAICS.
>>
>> --
>> Regards,
>> Mike

> Is it clear that I can do anything with the Scheme specifications, including:
> 1. Distribute the specs commercially?
> 2. Modify and distribute the modified versions?

If you are not paranoid these days, then you are insane.