Re: [Scheme-reports] Ratification vote for R7RS-small

On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 4:44 AM, Alaric Snell-Pym
<alaric@x> wrote:
> I hear the complaints from
> people that our rejection of R6RS has been a mistake, but that was the
> scope of the requirements laid down by the Steering Committee

Certainly the charter didn't *require* R6RS compatibility, but it
didn't *prohibit* it.  For example, the decisions not to make the
module system or the error system or the struct system compatible were
decisions that the working group took that could have gone the other
way.

Sam