Re: [Scheme-reports] 4.2.7. Exception Handling

On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Andy Wingo <wingo@x> wrote:
That is crazy :)  We're not talking just about parameters; there are
dynamic-wind guards, etc to think about, and rewinding those does not
sound like something that you want to do as part of your error-handling
mechanism

So, you  object to the wind-thrash:   raise .. unwind .. <oops, no else clause > .. rewind .. reraise .. <probably unwind again>

I would tend to agree.   We know that if the exception gets re-raised, the exception handler that is called will be the
one that is in effect when the (guard...) form is entered.   So how about:

" ... then raise is re-invoked on the raised object within the dynamic extent of the guard _expression_."

?