Re: [Scheme-reports] Bytevectors should be called u8vectors

I think one of two things should happen:

1. If a bytevector refers to a vector of octets, then bytevector
should be renamed to u8vector, as the formal comment specifies.

2. If a bytevector is to refer to the system's native word width
(which is often called a "byte" and is not necessarily an octet), then
the standard should specify this and keep the name bytevector.

I don't think the Scheme standard should equate "byte" with "octet".

Robert Smith