Re: [Scheme-reports] Texinfo

 | Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 18:31:30 +0200
 | From: Emmanuel Medernach <emmanuel.medernach@x>
 |
 | On Tue, May 24, 2011 at 6:18 PM, John Cowan <cowan@x> wrote:
 |
 | > Emmanuel Medernach scripsit:
 | >
 | > > Just a minor point: Does anyone know how to convert from TeX files to
 | > > Texinfo files ? I am used to read info files within emacs and find it
 | > > convenient.
 | >
 | > Not that I know of.  TeX is a much richer format than Texinfo.
 |

 | Ok, Thanks.  It is really nice to read RnRS directly from emacs (or with
 | "info"), here is a link if one wants to try :
 | http://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/ftpdir/scm/r5rs.info.tar.gz
 |
 | It would be neat to have the same for R7RS, but I don't know enough
 | Tex or Texinfo to do it. :-/

<http://people.csail.mit.edu/jaffer/Scheme>:

  A scheme program, <http://people.csail.mit.edu/jaffer/rrrs2txi.scm>,
  translated the LaTeX r3rs, r4rs, and r5rs to texinfo format
  (r3rs.txi, r4rs.txi, and r5rs.txi), from which the online HTML
  versions were derived.

"rrrs2txi.scm" employs extreme bespoke parsing.  Without modification
it will work only on LaTeX files written using the same macros as
R[3-5]RS.