[Scheme-reports] Haskell's incremental approach

Hallo,

     Haskell 2010 is out. Although not directly related to Scheme, I
found something interesting while reading the new report[1]:

"After several years exploring the design space, it was decided that a
single monolithic revision of the language was too large a task, and
the best way to make progress was to evolve the language in small
incremental steps, each revision integrating only a small number of
well-understood extensions and changes. Haskell 2010 is the first
revision to be created in this way, and new revisions are expected
once per year."

     We took a different approach to manage complexity: Divided the
language into two profiles. I wonder if this incremental approach
would keep the community in constant discussion and would evolve our
language faster.

[1] - http://www.haskell.org/onlinereport/haskell2010/haskellli2.html#x3-5000

Cheers,
--