Re: [Scheme-reports] Fwd: Comments on draft 6 about call/cc

On Mon 20 Feb 2012 11:32, Alaric Snell-Pym <alaric@x> writes:

> Now, is my understanding that (> call/pc call/cc) true in all cases, or
> not? Does anybody know of any counter-examples?

This is a misunderstanding: there is no call/pc.  Until relatively
recently, there was no good understanding of the relationships between
the various design choices (shift/reset, prompt/control, cupto, etc).

Now it seems clear (to me, anyway) that the -F- operator is the
fundamental one.  See the first part of
http://www.cs.indiana.edu/~dyb/pubs/monadicDC.pdf.

> Clearly, it's far too late for call/cc to be replaced by delimited
> continuations for R7RS

Indeed, but it's not too early to start spreading the gospel of
delimited continuations ;-)

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/