Re: [Scheme-reports] multiple values module

On Tue, 24 May 2011 13:04:21 -0400, Emmanuel Medernach
<emmanuel.medernach@x> wrote:

> Indeed, but in (foo X Y) I would not allow the evaluation of expression
> X to interfere with Y : if X is (values X1 X2) and Y is (values), foo
> could mislead X1 with X and X2 with Y as in some implementation. I mean
> doesn't the report has to specify that evaluation of X has to be bound
> to X only ?

Indeed, how many implementation contain this semantics? Is it a semantics
that is justified or should we clarify the language to not permit values
passed to one continuation to "infect" another continuation? I'm of a mind
that this sort of requirement would be a good thing.

	Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.