Re: [Scheme-reports] Date/time package

Peter Bex scripsit:

> I noticed another problem.  Since chronologies can hold any fields
> depending on the type, the default (or current-)chronology is still
> hard to use.  If it's not iso-based, you can't fetch the hour from it
> for example.  If you don't know what type it is, you can't really do
> anything with it.

That's true, but I think this is mostly a matter of not shooting yourself
in the foot.  I have added a `chronology-fields` procedure which allows
you to discover the names of the fields (though not their detailed
semantics), and a note that it's best if all chronologies support the
same fields insofar as possible.

> What fields are expected to be available in compound chronologies of
> chronologies with differing fields?

The union of the two, but some fields may not be available for some
instants.

--
My confusion is rapidly waxing          John Cowan
For XML Schema's too taxing:            cowan@x