Re: [Scheme-reports] Numerical example (real? -2.5+0.0i)

Jussi Piitulainen scripsit:

>     If the written representation of a number has no exactness prefix,
>     ... [the constant] is inexact if it _contains a decimal point_, an
>     exponent, or a "#" character in the place of a digit [my emphasis]
>
> For what it's worth:
>
> guile> (exact? 0.0)
> #f

Just so, and the same for all the other Schemes in my suite except Scheme 9,
which has arbitrary-precision decimal floating point and no inexact numbers.

--
John Cowan      cowan@x         http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Statistics don't help a great deal in making important decisions.