Re: [Scheme-reports] practical matters - CSAN

As an effort to unify these (and seriously, we're
a small community, we need all the unification
we can get), I would like to set up a CSAN-like
system based on the R7RS module system, so
that any Scheme that supports R7RS modules
can easily share code.

This is a fantastic idea!

Have you tried Quicklisp, Zach Beane's system for Common Lisp?  I've been using it for a project recently, and it's fantastic.  It couldn't be easier to use, and makes it possible to set up new packages in seconds.  There's a blog on it, too, which describes various issues Zach has encountered while implementing and maintaining it.