Re: [Scheme-reports] Checking implementation features and Scheme name?

Jeronimo Pellegrini scripsit:

> Reading the latest draft I realized that there is no standard
> way to obtain a list of all features (those used by cond-expand)
> declared/supported by an implementation. Chibi, Guile and Tinyscheme
> do keep a list in the *features* variable, but it doesn't seem to be
> standard.

I have filed ticket #321 to provide a get-features procedure to return
this list.  Providing a variable would suggest that mutating the
variable would change the list of cond-expand feature identifiers, which
may or may not be true depending on the implementation of cond-expand
(it's essentially a phasing issue).

> Also, I think that there is no R7RS-standard way to obtain the name
> of the Scheme implementation if I don't already know a list of all
> implementations (suppose I have written benchmark or test of some
> kind; it wouldn't be able to write a log with the implementation's
> name).

R7RS-large will provide such things using the environment enquiries
package.  I have written a proposal EnvironmentEnquiriesCowan for them,
and filed ticket #322 to incorporate this into R7RS-small.

--
You are a child of the universe no less         John Cowan
than the trees and all other acyclic            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan