[Scheme-reports] Formal Response #360: Change syntax of escaped symbols from |...| to #"..."

This is a Formal Response to Formal Comment #360:

Change syntax of [escaped] symbols from |<symbol element>*| to #"<string
element>*"

The editors rejected this request on the grounds that there is no
existing implementation experience with it.  R6RS and CL provide for
vertical and backslash escapes.

If you are dissatisfied with this Formal Response, please let us know.
Thank you for participating in the R7RS process.

--
You annoy me, Rattray!  You disgust me!         John Cowan
You irritate me unspeakably!  Thank Heaven,     cowan@x