Re: [Scheme-reports] Please make internal BEGIN a splicing form

Andre van Tonder scripsit:

> Requiring that macros precede their use would accomplish the same
> goal (of making implementation easier and excluding your even/odd
> example from the set of portable programs) without imposing the
> restriction that syntax definitions precede ordinary defitions.

I've always been in favor of requiring macro definitions to precede
their uses.  See "The tale of Professor Simpleton and Dr. Hardcase" at
http://www.mail-archive.com/r6rs-discuss@x/msg04199.html .

--
But you, Wormtongue, you have done what you could for your true master.  Some
reward you have earned at least.  Yet Saruman is apt to overlook his bargains.