Re: [Scheme-reports] Rational? and real? predicates

Peter Bex scripsit:

> In R7RS 6.2.5 there's the following clause:  "Finite returns #t on all
> real numbers except +inf.0, -inf.0 and +nan.0 [...]" (BTW: I think the
> questionmark fell off the predicate's name here)

Question mark added on trunk.

> This implies that +inf.0, -inf.0 and +nan.0 *are* considered real
> numbers.  Please clarify.  If this is intentionally left unspecified,
> it would probably be good if that's stated explicitly.

They are considered real but not rational, as in R6RS, and I have added
text to that effect to 6.2.5.

In addition, complex numbers are finite iff their real and imaginary
parts are finite, and NaN if the real *or* imaginary part is NaN.  This
is an extension to R6RS.

--
You escaped them by the will-death              John Cowan
and the Way of the Black Wheel.                 cowan@x