Re: [Scheme-reports] Procedural equivalence: the last debate

will@x scripsit:

> That example was *not* intended to say eq? and eqv? must behave
> the same on procedures.  How do I know?  Because Jonathan Rees
> and I worked together on this.

I see that now.  But as a general point, standards (like other legal
codes) don't mean what their authors mean them to mean.  What the
author says has a peculiar interest, but not a peculiar authority.
(I'm arguing on the IETF JSON list that what Doug Crockford now says
he meant in the RFC is irrelevant; only what he actually said matters.)

--
John Cowan <cowan@x>             http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
It's like if you meet an really old, really rich guy covered in liver