Re: [Scheme-reports] exact-closed in features list

Per Bothner scripsit:

> Frankly, this seems weird.  I would expect / to give exact values
> given exact inputs if an implementation has this property.

Implementing / requires support for rationals, whereas implementing
support for +, -, * requires only support for bignums.  (Of course,
technically no operation is closed over even the integers because of
implementation restrictions.)

> Wikipedia defines "Algebraic operation" to include "taking roots".

That was an oversight on my part.  I'll go with a variant of your
second wording:

--
John Cowan          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan        cowan@x
Knowledge studies others / Wisdom is self-known;