Re: [Scheme-reports] Technical question

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 9:59 PM, Aaron W. Hsu <arcfide@x> wrote:

> You ask for the collective WG1 voice on this, and unfortunately, I do not
> think that we have a mechanism for this. However, we can file a ticket
> concerning this issue and decide on it. Since even Chibi returns the
> symbol ok for the above now (after Alex's fix), I don't think the above
> code is particularly contentious anymore.

I think people are looking for the exact wording in R5RS
that describes this:

     The escape procedure accepts the same number of arguments as the
     continuation to the original call to
     call-with-current-continuation.  Except for continuations created
     by the `call-with-values' procedure, all continuations take
     exactly one value.  The effect of passing no value or more than
     one value to continuations that were not created by
     call-with-values is unspecified.

That seems unambiguous enough to me.

I don't see why a formal WG1 interpretation of this
is needed, unless someone is proposing that we
change the wording.

Regardless, this is a very far removed tangent from
the original point, whatever that may have been.