Re: [Scheme-reports] Strong win later reversed: Real numbers have imaginary part #e0

On 12/15/2012 12:17 PM, John Cowan wrote:
> I have detailed the situation with multiple representation of
> inexact numbers for the usual 45 Schemes plus 10 Common Lisps at
> <http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/FloatPrecision>.  The short version is
> that most Schemes have IEEE double as the only representation.  Racket and
> NexJ have both IEEE single and IEEE double, as do most Common Lisps.
> LispWorks has three distinct representations, CLISP has four.

Kawa has 4:

#|kawa:1|# (3.5e0:getClass)
class gnu.math.DFloNum
#|kawa:2|# (3.5d0:getClass)
class java.lang.Double
#|kawa:3|# (3.5s0:getClass)
class java.lang.Float
#|kawa:4|# (3.5l0:getClass)
class java.math.BigDecimal

However, both gnu.math.DFloNum and java.lang.Double wrap an underlying
64-bit float.  DFloNum is part of the Kawa numeric tower directly.
--
	--Per Bothner
per@x   http://per.bothner.com/