[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Scheme-reports] Rounding procedures with inf/nan
- To: Scheme Reports <scheme-reports@x>
- Subject: [Scheme-reports] Rounding procedures with inf/nan
- From: Peter Bex <Peter.Bex@x>
- Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:05:26 +0200
- Mail-followup-to: Scheme Reports <scheme-reports@x>
What should happen when floor, ceiling, truncate or round get passed
+inf.0, -inf.0 or +nan.0?
The standard doesn't mention anything about these. There are a
few Schemes that report an error, but most seem to just return the
argument as-is. If this is deliberately unspecified, please mention
this in the report.
"The process of preparing programs for a digital computer
is especially attractive, not only because it can be economically
and scientifically rewarding, but also because it can be an aesthetic
experience much like composing poetry or music."
-- Donald Knuth
Scheme-reports mailing list