Re: [Scheme-reports] Can records be written and read?

On Fri, 20 May 2011 13:05:21 -0400, Andre van Tonder <andre@x>
wrote:

> However, I
> think one would need nongenerative records for this to be useful.

Not so. Chez Scheme has a mechanism for controlling this that allows you
to use generative records while still getting the ability read and write
them. On the other hand, it's not quite purely generative, so it's a mixed
bag.

On the other hand, I believe WG1 considered (considers) it too difficult
to specify reading and writing records right now since there are many ways
that people do it. So, as I understand it, records may or may not be
read/writeable in an implementation, but the standard doesn't prescribe
anything.

	Aaron W. Hsu

--
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.