Re: [Scheme-reports] multiple values, and, or, when, unless

On Sun, Jan 6, 2013 at 8:45 PM, Jussi Piitulainen <jpiitula@x> wrote:

I don't care about the result. I care about the tail recursion.
However, adding the "otherwise" seems good to me. I think of "unless"
and "when" as short-hand for (if ... (begin ...)) anyway, and would
like to continue thinking so.

And I think it's distracting and misleading to think
of when/unless returning a result.

You're confusing the implementation with the specification.
It's fine to implement these forms as you suggest.  But
there's no reason to require the result, and in fact every
reason not to.

The tail call is an orthogonal issue, let's please forget it.