Re: [Scheme-reports] valid implementation of call-with-input-file?

Alex Shinn scripsit:

> If we ask nicely John might take a survey of which ones close ports
> on exceptions in c-w-i/o-f :)

Okay, I tried throwing an exception within a c-w-i-f procedure using
(+ 'a 'b) and then attempting to read from the port.  Details at
CwifClosePort.

Gauche, Bigloo, Scheme 7, Sizzle, the Java Schemes, and IronScheme close
the port.

Racket, MIT, Chicken, Scheme48/scsh, Guile, Chibi, SCM, Chez, Vicare,
Larceny, Ypsilon, Mosh, STklos, KSi, SigScheme, TinyScheme, Dream,
RScheme, XLisp, Elk, VX, SXM, Spark, Inlab do not.

Shoe, Rep, Schemik, UMB, Oaklisp, Llava, Femtolisp, Dfsch, Owl Lisp
don't support call-with-input-file or fail for other reasons.

--
John Cowan      <cowan@x>       http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
                Charles li reis, nostre emperesdre magnes,