Re: [Scheme-reports] Write procedure is not backwards compatible

Alex Shinn <alexshinn@x> wrote:

> Now, your "solution" just boils down to "they can implement it
> themselves" which is a non-solution.  Programmers should be
> able to write out any list they can fit in memory, and this should
> be provided by the language.

I disagree with the general assertion here, but if we do provide
write-simple, we should also provide a version that prints the same as
write-simple in all cases for which write-simple returns, but should
work like write-shared on all cases for which write-simple would not return.

--
Aaron W. Hsu | arcfide@x | http://www.sacrideo.us
Programming is just another word for the lost art of thinking.