Re: [Scheme-reports] Cycle detection problems: #442, #338, "equal?"

John Cowan:
> Note that having a portable implementation of R7RS `equal?` is not an
> issue, as all implementations are expected to provide it.  They may also
> (as Chibi does) also provide the R5RS `equal?` function in a different library.

Okay.  I still think it's important that the spec clearly state what happens if a cycle is detected by "equal?".  I recommend text like "If a cycle is detected, #f is returned."  I'm guessing that's what many implementations with cycle-detection do (is that true?).

--- David A. Wheeler