Re: [Scheme-reports] Question about R6RS standard-{input, output, error}-port

Per Bothner scripsit:

> Why a *fresh* port?  When would it ever make sense to create multiple
> distinct objects for (say) the standard output?

It has to do with the peculiar behavior of R6RS ports when a textual
port is created from a binary port.  The binary port remains open, but
it is unusable.  In R5.92RS, stadard-input et al. just gave you access
to the existing port, but you could never be sure just what you'd get.

See <http://www.r6rs.org/formal-comments/comment-183.txt> for more
details.

--
While staying with the Asonu, I met a man from      John Cowan
the Candensian plane, which is very much like       cowan@x